Basic Knowledge of nema 23 closed loop stepper motor
1. To keep the phase relationship between the excitation flux and the current, so that it produces the electromagnetic torque that can drive the load torque, this way of controlling the motor current is the same as the brushless DC motor control method, called the brushless drive method or current closed-loop control method.
2. The motor current is maintained, the way to control the excitation flux and current phase angle, known as the power angle closed-loop control method. The power angle is the phase angle between the rotor pole and the stator excitation phase (or the stator rotating magnetic field axis of the synchronous motor can also be considered) attracted to each other. This power angle is smaller at low speeds or light loads and larger at high speeds or high loads.
Advantages of nema 23 closed loop stepper motor
1. As the output torque increases, the speed of both decreases in a nonlinear manner, but the closed-loop control improves the moment-frequency characteristics.
2. Under closed-loop control, the output power/torque curve is improved because, under closed-loop, the motor excitation conversion is based on rotor position information, and the current value is determined by the motor load, so the current can be fully converted to torque even in the low speed range.
3. With closed-loop control, the efficiency a torque curve is increased.
4. With closed-loop control, higher running speed, more stable and smoother speed can be obtained than with open-loop control.
5. With closed loop control, stepper motor can be accelerated and decelerated automatically and effectively.
6. The quantitative evaluation of the improvement in speed of closed-loop control compared to open-loop control can be done by comparing the time to pass a certain path interval in IV steps.
7. By applying a closed-loop drive, the efficiency can be increased to 7.8 times, the output power to 3.3 times, and the speed to 3.6 times. The performance of a closed-loop driven stepper motor is superior in all respects to that of an open-loop driven stepper motor. NEMA 23 closed loop stepper motor drives have the advantages of open-loop stepper motor drives and brushless DC servo motors. Therefore, in position control systems with high reliability requirements, nema 23 closed loop stepper motor with closed-loop control will be widely used.